[78-L] Bell, Western Electric and Orthophonics

Rodger Holtin rjh334578 at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 8 05:38:10 PST 2008

Thanks, Mike.  I had suspected our beloved Orthophonic Recordings were an outgrowth of Western Electric''s vast interests, not because they loved Victor or Columbia.
The Western Electric Hawthorne plant is legendary for its vastness and variety.  I found this reference on Wicked-pedia and noted with interest the crosss-reference to Orthophonic Recording, which itself, is pretty good for Wik.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hawthorne_Works

Rodger

For Best Results use Victor Needles.

.