[78-L] World's Greatest Music

soundthink at aol.com soundthink at aol.com
Sun Dec 7 16:40:22 PST 2008

Not sure if we covered this before, but does anyone know what orchestra(s) played on the 1938 "World's Greatest Music" series of 12" classical 78 sets?

I'm assuming it's just one group since the label reads "recorded by one of the world's greatest orchestras and conductors." The performances aren't bad and neither is the sound.

I have a number of these, but have just been listening to Mozart's 40th, Beethoven's 5th, Parsifal Prelude by Wagner, and Schubert's Unfinished.

Cary Ginell