[78-L] Songs in ads vs. ad songs

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Sat Dec 6 16:54:56 PST 2008

Anthony Baldwin wrote:
> Some of the Friendly Fred shows appeared on the Aircheck label in
> 1970s. Anybody know where they were done and in what original format?
>
> Tony B

1931 16-inch shellac Columbias.  They probably were extension spotting
from the CBS network program, but we're still not sure if they are
line-checks of the network programs or special recording sessions.
Jerry Valburn had one but had already sold it by the time I dubbed his
tape and he had not written down the matrix number.  I have those LPs
also, and I think there are a few other programs in circulation.

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com