[78-L] Stereo copies?

Alana Anne Gavrilis alana.gavrilis at gmail.com
Fri Dec 5 14:27:06 PST 2008

So this strand of Vaughn Meador emails triggered my memory....

In March this year the local library I work at received a donation of
about 300 LPs -- mostly Logines Symphonette Society collections, but
some radio promo records and a few random items. I picked over the
ones that I wanted; that were strange; or could be melted into
different shapes (sorry Longines).

Anyhow, there was this one called The First Family. Being only 29 (and
unborn at the time of its recording), I had no idea what it was and no
one else here could tell me anything. But the cover art was funny, so
I put it in my Keep pile and stuck it in the supply closet....

Where it has sat until just now when I read this thread, got up, and
pulled it out of the pile. Sure enough, "The First Family featuring
Vaughn Meader" [Cadence CLP 3060/Stereo CLP 25060].

So, yes, I have seen it in Stereo. And from the looks of it, this one
has never been played.

Alana Gavrilis