[78-L] Stanton turntable help

Glenn Longwell glongwell at snet.net
Fri Dec 5 02:53:21 PST 2008

I needed another turntable to play 78s so bought a Stanton STR8-80 on Epay recently in "excellent working condition."  Well, it runs fine but is not very good for playing records yet as it's missing the tone arm counter weight. I should have caught that little problem in the auction pictures but I didn't.  I'm having a difficult time finding a replacement.  One firm was kind enough to send me one for free that they found in the warehouse if I bought some other stuff from them, which I did.  But it was for another Stanton model so didn't fit properly.  I can rig it so it works somewhat but would prefer the right one.  Does anyone by any chance have a lead on finding one?  Please reply off list at glongwell at snet.net.

Thanks,
Glenn