[78-L] Life photos -- was Nostalgic! Vaughn Meader

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Thu Dec 4 15:20:54 PST 2008

Sam Brylawski wrote:
> What I don't think has been mentioned is that this photo is from the
> Life Magazine archive

My original copy of the record -- the one I bought thanksgiving week
1962 -- has the Life magazine article this photo came from folded in it.

> David Weiner <djwein at earthlink.net> wrote:
>
>> It is amazing that after some 45 years, I can still quote long passages of
>> dialogue from both albums - must have played them dozens of times when new.
>> I sure haven't been playing them since then.
>>
>> Dave W.

I could call up my sister right now and merely sing "In 76 the sky was
red" and that would set both of us off for the next 15 minutes singing
and reciting "Ballad For Americans."  There are some things from your
childhood that even alzheimers can't take away.

>>  David Weiner wrote:
>>

>>> Yeah, but can I have the eastern portion of your Western sandwich?
>>>

>> I still want a chicken sandwich with a live chicken.
>>
>> MS
>>
>> "Tell him...it's TOMORROW night!!"
>>
>> _____________________________________
(from Volume 2)
And now I'd like an American hand,
For Lyndon Johnson who backed me with his band,
It's really, really, really been grand.

This program has been brought to you by the American Kennedy
Corporation, maker of Presidents, Attorney Generals, and Senators.

That line, along with "Well then, what's Lyndon doing?" affected my view
of LBJ throughout his presidency.

Mike (then I'll have a dove under glass sandwich, and hold the mao)
Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com

P.S.  Please, not to mention that name!