[78-L] Nostalgic! Vaughn Meader

soundthink at aol.com soundthink at aol.com
Thu Dec 4 10:21:03 PST 2008

I thought "Welcome to the LBJ Ranch" was a scream. That's where they take excerpts from politicians' actual speeches and do a "Flying Saucer" number on them, only they're a heckuva lot funnier. I'm sliding it out of its jacket right now! Alen Robin's sequel, "Funny Farm," on the Courage label is even racier - the producers went wild when they found a snippet from a Hubert Humphrey speech?where he says "really naked." That became a running gag throughout the record as Hubert interrupted every mildly suggestive statement with his comment.

Cary Ginell