[78-L] New 78 set??

Kristjan Saag saag at telia.com
Tue Dec 2 11:22:11 PST 2008

Marin Fisher wrote:

> I've lost the link to the earlier posting about a new 78 set produced in
> Austrailia or Sweden.  Could someone forward it to me.

Wasn't it the British rockabilly band Chris wrote about a couple of weeks
ago?
Kristjan
--
(From Chris Zwarg Oct 22nd)

A very young British rockabilly group called "Kitty, Daisy & Lewis" have
released a limited edition of their 2008 album as a real ALBUM containing
five 10-inch 78rpm records - vinyl and microgroove of course (or rather
"universal-groove", they play just as well with my 0.7-mil Ortofon stereo
cartridge as with a 2.3-mil Expert elliptical truncated stylus fitted to the
good olf Shure M-44), the tracks are mono and were recorded on 1950's studio
equipment. Pressings seem to be from the same source as late-1980's "Rough
Trade" UK independent-rock LPs, rather heavy and stiff vinyl for modern
pressings, in fact more "authentic" looking and feeling than some of the
paper-thin Historic Masters 78s made 10 or 15 years ago apparently on
Dynaflex-type pressing equipment.

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=26258394&blogID=418843529

Chris Zwarg