[78-L] Story of the Lp

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Mon Dec 1 20:33:47 PST 2008

Michael Biel wrote:
> S&R Pinsker wrote:
>> "I have here in my hand", well actually next to the computer, the physically oldest LP in
>> my collection; ML4004, Serkin playing the Emperor w. Bruno Walter and the NY Philh.
>>

> I have ML 2001, ML 4001, and CL 600l.  The only "first" I'm missing is
> JL 8001.

Interesting..I don't have JL 8001 either. Never seen it. Or 8003 or 8004, both
of which I remember hearing on the radio many times in the 50s. I have JL 8002
twice..come to think of it, very few of those JL 8000s have turned up in my
collecting experience, and I was actually BUYING kids records when I was a kid.
I have JL 8503 (which means there must have been JL 8501 & 8502, neither of
which I've ever seen).

Dl (my new insignia, patent pending)