[78-L] shtunked-up labels, was Re: Liberty Music Shop L-231

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Fri Nov 28 18:07:00 PST 2008

Randy Watts wrote:
> I am aware of that. I was the one who had the record with the label covering the title-artist information.
>
> All I meant is that most stickers I've encountered that have been of the shop label variety. Mercifully few with labels from latter-day resalers.
>
> Randy

My favorite type of on-disc record store identification is the white
rubberstamping outside the circumference of the label in the lead out
area.   I used to see this a lot on large-label Brunswicks but I don't
recall seeing one for some time.  I recall reading something about these
many years ago that someone had seen in a trade-press journal.  Was this
confined to Brunswicks?

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com