[78-L] Ben Pollack Question

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Fri Nov 28 10:02:29 PST 2008

DRJAZZ78 at aol.com wrote:
> Hey Gang,
>
>     Can someone please tell me which are the rare  Pollack Plaza sides?  I
> just junked a Perfect of "I've Got Five  Dollars"/"Sweet And Hot"........is this
> the tough one?
>
> Doug

What are the take numbers? Take -10 on each side is actually Ed Kirkeby's
Orchestra but issued as Pollack. Take -2 on each may have appeared only in
Canada (Crown 91088). Two takes of each song exist from March 2/31 but are
quite scarce so if that's what you have on Perfect 15431 or Romeo 1576, you MAY
have a rare version..Joe Showler says they're rare but Rust lists these takes
as appearing on several labels, although he may have confused them with the
Kirkeby sides.