[78-L] 78-L] Liberty Music Shop L-231

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Tue Nov 25 07:50:19 PST 2008

A lot better than my wild guess. McBride played clarinet on two sides (his own
compositions) with the Boston Pops and Shefter recorded a number of piano duets
with Morton Gould, hence my "better than nothing" conjectures.

GM was Musicraft's matrix series, as far as I know, unless it belonged to a
private New York studio Musicraft used, because similar numbers with the GM
prefix have also shown up on Blue Note and Gramophone Shop Varieties. One Josh
White session was even divided up between Musicraft and Blue Note.

dl