[78-L] Joseph C. Smith

Tom Hood thood at shaw.ca
Mon Nov 24 14:36:40 PST 2008

Hi All
In a dim corner of my memory I remember reading that OKEY pinched one of
Edison's senior recording engineers.He brought with him details of the
Edison process including a system to control recording levels.If you use the
Edison system,get rid of the lousy pressings,turntable rumble inherent in
hill & dale recordings not present on lateral recordings,the feeble
orchestral arrangements the recordings might just sound like an OKEY disc.
Maybe
Tom Hood