[78-L] Joseph C. Smith

DAVID BURNHAM burnhamd at rogers.com
Mon Nov 24 12:26:15 PST 2008

I guess this is another artist on the wrong label but there seem to be so many of these things that I guess artists were always roaming to other labels.

I have a Joseph C. Smith on Brunswick, Medley of Irish Waltzes parts 1 & 2, (the only non-Victor one I've seen).  The sound is so good that I suspected it might be early electric but Mr. Barr's book tells me that this record, (no. 20009), was recorded in January 1923.  To my ears it sounds a lot better than the Victor recordings.

db