[78-L] Another challenge question...!

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Sun Nov 23 19:02:59 PST 2008

Are increasing postage rates rendering 78 record collecting no longer a
practical/affordable hobby...?!

25 years or so ago, I bought THOUSANDS of 78's via mail auction
lists...! I could even afford to buy (and did extensively!) 78's from
British dealers...as well, I bought MANY from US dealers and had
them shipped (postally) to Toronto!

These days, I can no longer rationally bid on UK lists (shipping
costs run $3/4 per 78...!)...and only DL's NY postal address
allows me to buy US records. Even if I bought 78's from only
Canadian dealers, I would still find it a rather expensive process!

It MAY be possible...someday...to e-mail solid objects as
attached files...but right now we can't! However, e-mail has
rendered our postal services obsolete and non-profitable...?!

Comment ca va?!

...stevenc