[78-L] Plaza Matrix questions

Anthony Baldwin jazztrash at wanadoo.fr
Sat Nov 22 23:14:29 PST 2008

10136-3 on U.K. Imperial is also credited to the "Varsity Eight".
Fraternity Blues appears as 10138-1 on Banner (ditto "Varsity Eight")
and contains similar rah-rah vocals over Radlach-like piano, plus an
8-bar trombone solo that's identifiably by the same guy as on, say,
Radlach's Cheer Up 9753-2.

Still, the Radlach's were made around April-May 1930, whereas these
seem to be about six months later.

Tony B