[78-L] Dumbest thing you've ever done to a 78, was Re: R Johnson auction

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Fri Nov 21 16:37:51 PST 2008

A gorgeous late pressing of Whiteman doing the Mississippi Suite came to grief
one day when I rolled my chair forward and the wheel base came in contact with
the record. There went THAT compilation.

Not ponying up 70 cents (35 per disc) for Carpenter's "Skyscrapers" on Program
Transcription one Saturday afternoon in 1962 was pretty dumb.

Not buying the transcription collection I was offered about 10 years ago which
included a presentation set of lacquers of the Benny Goodman Carnegie Hall
Concert (plus the program) fits in there as well, although the stakes were
slightly higher.

dl