[78-L] Just sharing

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Wed Nov 19 07:43:55 PST 2008

There is also the possibility that the record was ALREADY broken, and
the flimsy packaging is a coverup for that.  I once received a styrene
pressing with a crack from an ebay seller.  I was getting the record
just to confirm if it was the same master as on another label, so I
didn't need sound quality, and it was cheap.  I had the feeling before
bidding that the record was cracked because there was a slight label
tear in the photos that were on opposite angles on the two sides -- I
figured I could get a refund because here was proof of an inaccurate
description. If I had asked her if it was cracked she would have removed
the record from sale and I really needed it for the discographic info.
Sure enough, it was cracked, I sent a scan which showed that the crack
matched the tear visible in both the scan and the original photos, and I
got my full refund including shipping.  Got my discographic confirmation
and a free record.  But it doesn't match the heartache of the stories in
the thread.

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com