[78-L] Experimental Electrics on Autograph Label

yves francois aprestitine at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 17 07:32:37 PST 2008

Hello Al, you are correct. The Autographs at that time were electric, for certain the Merrit Brunis on Autograph is electric, as are the Morton's and Oliver/Morton duets.  There is also a test pressing from circa 1921/2 that is probably of Autograph provenance of an "unknown black Chicago band" playing a wild "Muscle Shoals Blues" on a Ragtime to Jazz reissue on the Timeless label (volume 2), so Marsh was experimenting for a while with the electric recording process.
All the best and have a great week
Yves