[78-L] Don't Be That Way/Like That

Jeffrey Lichtman swazoo at rcn.com
Sun Nov 16 22:08:00 PST 2008

I am including "Don't Be Like That" as performed by Abe Lyman
(Brunswick 4137) in next month's web jukebox. I always like to list
who else recorded a song, and while searching for this I found places
on the web that show Benny Goodman's "Don't Be That Way" under this
title. They are two separate pieces of music with different
songwriters (Gottler, Pinkard and Tobias for "Like That" and Sampson
for "That Way"). Was the Goodman recording (Victors 25792, 25988,
20-2549) ever released with the alternate title "Don't Be Like That"?

                        -        Jeff Lichtman
                                 swazoo at rcn.com
                                 http://swazoo.com/