[78-L] AUTUMN LEAVES

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Thu Nov 13 18:24:22 PST 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: "Swamp Daddy" <swampdaddy at bellsouth.net>
> The answer is easy:   It's cause those autumn leaves look good before they
> FALL and still OK on the guy next doors property.  But the overnight
> blanket of them on your own lot is hard work, why write a song about it.
> LOL.
>
> And, after you let them dry and rake them up, the next rain (usually they
> next day after raking) brings down a new crop of those Autumn Leaves,
> something I don't want to sing about.
>
> Swamp Daddy

I have a unique attitude toward "autumn leaves!!" I figger that God put them
in my
yard...and if He wants them raked up and properly recycled...well, that's
HIS
job, not mine! Leaves have been falling from deciduous trees for about a
million
years, give or take...and for about 999,900 or so years, NOBODY raked them
up...?! I'll let my handful of leaves go and do wotever their freakin'
ancestors
did for the 999 +/- millennia that preceded my arrival in "suburbia
north"...?!

Comment ca va?!

...stevenc