[78-L] AUTUMN LEAVES

zimrec at juno.com zimrec at juno.com
Thu Nov 13 13:34:56 PST 2008

Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 22:53:22 -0500
From: "Swamp Daddy" <swampdaddy at bellsouth.net>
Subject: Re: [78-L] AUTUMN LEAVES
To: "78-L Mail List" <78-l at klickitat.78online.com>

From: "Julian Vein" <julianvein at blueyonder.co.uk>
> Why do Americans have this fixation with "Fall", but don't write songs
> about it?

And, more to the point...why does "fall" refer to the third season of the
year...when I, being somewhat crippled by age and previous incidents,
do most of my "falling" in Winter...?!

...stevenc

=====================

The answer is easy:   It's cause those autumn leaves look good before they FALL and still
OK on the guy next doors property.  But the overnight blanket of them on your own lot is
hard work, why write a song about it.  LOL.

And, after you let them dry and rake them up, the next rain (usually they next day after
raking) brings down a new crop of those Autumn Leaves, something I don't want to sing
about.

Swamp Daddy

Does "I Faw Down and Go Boom" count as a "fall" song?

There is a song titled FALL by Cher, but I've not heard it, so I don't know what it's about.  Neither have I heard FALL CAME EARLY by Gerald Lukacik, but I'm assuming that's a season subject.

Art

Art