[78-L] AUTUMN LEAVES

kil at roadrunner.com kil at roadrunner.com
Wed Nov 12 08:16:51 PST 2008

> Why do Americans have this fixation with "Fall", but don't write songs
> about it?
>
>        Julian Vein

WHEN THE WORK'S ALL DONE THIS FALL - Mac Wiseman
It's just not as poetic as Autumn.

Thanks for the Claude Thornhill tip.  I'd never heard of that one.

Ron, INDIAN SUMMER is great.  I should have thought of that one.

Al, Great list but mostly too rare.  I had AUTUMN SERENADE on my list already.  I also have Bobby Goldsboro's AUTUMN OF MY LIFE and BLUE AUTUMN, but they don't really fit with the rest of the list.  Also Justin Hayward's FOREVER AUTUMN.

With INDIAN SUMMER and OCTOBER TWILIGHT I have my Top Ten, but if I scratch SEPTEMBER IN THE RAIN, I still need one more.  I may have to keep it.

How about SHINE ON HARVEST MOON?
RayK