[78-L] AUTUMN LEAVES

kil at roadrunner.com kil at roadrunner.com
Wed Nov 12 07:21:16 PST 2008

Thanks for the replies.

dl, FALLING LEAVES was an instrumental by Glenn Miller & Frankie Carle long before AUTUMN LEAVES came out of France.

Kristgan, I'm not sure if "September" in the title makes for an Autumn song.  Most of September is in summer.  (This goes for SEPTEMBER IN THE RAIN also).  SEE YOU IN SEPTEMBER is a back to school song and school usually starts in summer.  Although September is in the title of SEPTEMBER SONG, September is only one of a few months mentioned in the lyrics.

Julian, I'm very interested in the other EARLY AUTUMN.  I have it by Jo Stafford, Woody Herman and Billy Eckstine.  Aren't they all the same song?  Who might have recorded the other?

I found one called OCTOBER TWILIGHT by Frankie Carle.
RayK