[78-L] Columbia Record DIscography

Mark L. Bardenwerper, Sr. citroenid19 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Nov 10 16:43:35 PST 2008

Randy Watts wrote:
> They were refusing to work together into the 1970s. Labels like Reader's Digest and Time-Life would have to decide whose special products division they wanted to work with: Columbia's or RCA's, because neither company would allow the other access to their masters. A boxed set of big band LPs I have got around this by arranging to have two of the four discs produced by Columbia Special Products and the other two by RCA Special Products. But the RCA LPs have no Columbia material on them and the Columbia's have no RCA.

I have a set called The Big Bands, released by McMillan (#48987), which
contains 3 records. One is Columbia, the second, RCA and the third,
Decca. It was a companion to the George T. Simon book of the same name.
It is supposed to be the only set the 3 companies ever cooperated on.
There are quite a few on Ebay right now.
What is the name of yours?

--
Mark L. Bardenwerper, Sr. #:?)
Technology, thoughtfully, responsibly.