[78-L] Columbia Record DIscography

Randy Watts rew1014 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 10 13:59:19 PST 2008

They were refusing to work together into the 1970s. Labels like Reader's Digest and Time-Life would have to decide whose special products division they wanted to work with: Columbia's or RCA's, because neither company would allow the other access to their masters. A boxed set of big band LPs I have got around this by arranging to have two of the four discs produced by Columbia Special Products and the other two by RCA Special Products. But the RCA LPs have no Columbia material on them and the Columbia's have no RCA.

Randy