[78-L] Betty Boop coming to Broadway!

Swamp Daddy swampdaddy at bellsouth.net
Sun Nov 9 18:13:02 PST 2008

Last Boop movie: It would be Betty Boop for President which was a recombination of clips from quite a few earlier Boop cartoons with some new voices and added stuff including colorizing of some clips.

I have it but can't see it in a quick look through the bookcase.   One of the modern voices (as I recall) is one of the Smothers brothers (Tom) and the 80s sticks in my mind.

OK, I did what should have been done before; I went to the INMDb.  Original Boop for President was 1932, modern one containing far more than the 1932 one was done in 1980 (according to the IMDb).   Also listed is Betty Boop Confidential done in 1995 by the UCLA film archives which restored 11 cartoons (not all Boop) and issued them.

Swamp Daddy