[78-L] Goldmine article on value of ODJB original 78

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Sat Nov 8 08:25:58 PST 2008

From: Steve Ramm <steveramm78l at hotmail.com>
> I happened to see this today and thought you guys (and gals)
> would get a kick out of it. Go to this URL and look at the
> SECOND letter in Tim Neely's letter column.
>  http://tinyurl.com/5jvhk7     Steve

Reasonable, $4-20 valuation, and the guy did OK for 50 cents which is
what we usually see it at.  Were there really all these label changes
Neely mentions?  I don't recall ever seeing this particular record with
a label other than Original Dixieland Jass Band.  Never Jazz for this
record, but Jazz on all their later records.  Interesting his modern
interpretation of "Introducing . . ." as a label indication of the song
they "stole".  Back in those days it was LEGITIMATE and a TRIBUTE to
interpolate another song, such as "'Sing, Sing, Sing', Introducing
'Christopher Columbus'".

Original Mike Biel,  introducing mbiel at mbiel.com