[78-L] Tops Record, is this an LP 78?

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Sat Nov 8 07:55:15 PST 2008

Mid-1950s in the microgroove era, so the grooving is narrower but still
playable with a 78 stylus or an LP stylus.  These were supermarket
racked records, but also were sold by mail from radio informercials.
The performers sometimes tried to sound like the original hit records
(one company had a group labeled "The Sound Effects") but occasionally
an unknown future star shows up on these.  Generally valued only as
packing filler to protect REAL records.

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com