[78-L] Tops Record, is this an LP 78?

Jim Whipkey suuford at msn.com
Sat Nov 8 07:44:33 PST 2008

While  sorting  and  trying to figure out what all I have on this  dreary
Saturday morning, came across a record I do not recall ever  playing.  It's
a TOPS record, a 78, with 3 songs on each side.  The selections are
Christmas songs.   Hope someone can give me some info on it.  The  label
says 78rpm RX1012, vocal & Orch, 6 hits on each record. Only identification
of artists is TOPS orchestra and choristers.  The selections are:  Jingle
Bells, Santa Claus is Flying through the Sky, The first Noel, O Little Town
of Bethlehem, Away In A Manger and Good King Wenceslaus.  It's a 10 inch,
grooves separate the  3 selections on each side.  It would seem to be a full
orchestra and  several singers,  male and female.  Each song is about 2 and
1/2 minutes long,  don't recall  ever getting this much music off one side
of a  10 inch 78.   I  recall some  conversation some time ago about  such
records, but  don't remember  much about it.
Jim Whipkey