[78-L] fwd: Phonographic Record Industry - Inquiry

Howard Friedman hsf318 at comcast.net
Tue Nov 4 09:14:48 PST 2008

Hi, this is the sort of nonsense that ends up being perpetuated as gospel in
the history of discography.  How ANYONE could think that Emile Berliner was
born in Alsace-Lorraine, or that he would ever even THINK of preferring
French as a language is absolute nonsense.  I certainly wish that there was
some way to clean up all of the internet websites that perpetuate these
fantastic tales, and they are almost innumerable!  I think that may be why
Wikipedia permits almost anyone to edit their entries.  A good thing too,
because perhaps a few of us who are more knowledgable than the rest MIGHT be
able to straighten a few things out, and separate some of the facts from
much of the fiction!!!!!

Howard Friedman