[78-L] Turnover instructions

David Lewis uncledavelewis at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 4 04:40:55 PST 2008

On the LP, "Let's Have a Party" by the Firehouse Five Plus Two -- the song on side one ends,
ambient party noises continue for some time and a joke voice comes in and says, "Why don't
you turn the record over?" Then it hits the runoff. Funny.

Uncle Dave Lewis uncledavelewis at hotmail.com

Message: 15Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 23:52:48 -0500From: "Sammy Jones" <sjones69 at bellsouth.net>Subject: [78-L] Turnover instructionsTo: <78-l at klickitat.78online.com>Message-ID: <001501c93e39$2f9e47d0$8edad770$@net>Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" I listened to two 78s tonight that have turnover instructions at the end ofthe first side. They are Victor 35753 (A Miniature Concert by the EightPopular Victor Artists) and Victor 35953 (Twisting the Dials by Jones andHare)> These two are part of the sketch or music. For instance, the Eight PopularVictor Artists sing a harmonized "Turnover!" and either Jones or Hare says,"There will be a slight pause in our programming...Until somebody turns thisrecord over!" I thought it would be fun to see what others people couldcome up with. Any takers? Sammy Jones