[78-L] Turnover instructions

Kristjan Saag saag at telia.com
Tue Nov 4 02:47:24 PST 2008

Swedish comedy/novelty singer and composer Povel Ramel on his "The Big
Juleblues" (Metronome MEP 146), a Christmas record from 1955, where the
turnover instructions are followed on the flip side by Ramel pretending he
IS the disc and asks the listener to change the needle, because the old one
hurts. He also imitates a stop spot and repeats his singing, whereby fellow
singer Alice Babs asks what he's doing and he answers (twice): "I have
carbon paper in my mouth"...
Kristjan