[78-L] Turnover instructions

Tyrone Settlemier talk78s.settlemier at sbcglobal.net
Mon Nov 3 21:50:49 PST 2008

David covered it pretty well, but when I was six years old, my dentist(!)
gave me some Little Golden 6" 78rpm discs (this was the mid 1970s).  Many of
these were missing the labels.  Of note is what I now know to be #6, Circus
Time, side 1 is Big Top and side 2 is Sideshows.  Both sides tell you to
"turn the record over".  It just drove me nuts because, not having the
labels, I could never figure out which was side 1 vs. side 2.  Was I
supposed to listen to the sideshows first, or the main attraction?  I guess
it was the inner discographer screaming to be let out, and now, as a result
of this incredible emotional trauma inficted on me by yellow polystyrene, I
now spend way too much time collecting arcane data related to recorded sound
so that others do not have to suffer the same fate.

And this posting proves it's way past my bedtime.

Tyrone