[78-L] Help Identifying a 78

Bertrand CHAUMELLE chaumelle at orange.fr
Sat Nov 1 13:20:19 PDT 2008

I have that "À la recherche du son" DVD: it contains 3 Phonoscènes:
"L'air du Toréador" from "Carmen" (1910), "La légende du Roi Gambrinus"
and "La Marseillaise".

But the "Lucia Sextette" isn't a 'Phonoscène' (according to the DVD's
leaflet). It was produced by Georges Mendel with another process:
"Phono-Gramo-Théâtre". Ditto for "La donna e mobile" produced by Alfred
Duskes in Germany with the "Cinophon" process.

I was mentioning "Jerusalem" because it could be based on the "Rameaux"
music.

BC