[78-L] My Hallowe'en edition of "Forward into the Past"

Randy Skretvedt forwardintothepast at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 31 08:29:19 PDT 2008

Hello, all...

I do a vintage music and old-time radio show called
"Forward into the Past" every Sunday afternoon over
KSPC-FM in the Los Angeles area.  Here's my four-hour
Hallowe'en show from last Sunday, which
you might find appropriate for your Hallowe'en party:

https://www.yousendit.com/download/Y2orcmxRcG9rWTgwTVE9PQ
https://www.yousendit.com/download/Y2orcmxTVnNsMHhjR0E9PQ
https://www.yousendit.com/download/Y2orcmxUb0JtUUUwTVE9PQ
https://www.yousendit.com/download/Y2orcmxVMVhqV0R2Wmc9PQ
https://www.yousendit.com/download/Y2orcmxhbEplcEt4dnc9PQ
https://www.yousendit.com/download/Y2o5OU1WSWhJMHV4dnc9PQ
https://www.yousendit.com/download/Y2o5OU1kWkJ6NE0wTVE9PQ
https://www.yousendit.com/download/Y2o5OU1kUnExUUJjR0E9PQ
https://www.yousendit.com/download/Y2o5OU1UTStvQnZ2Wmc9PQ

An alternate source:

http://rapidshare.com/files/159018160/FITP_081026_tracklist_HalloweenSpecial.rtf
http://rapidshare.com/files/158918313/FITP_081026_1of8.mp3
http://rapidshare.com/files/158918314/FITP_081026_2of8.mp3
http://rapidshare.com/files/158918315/FITP_081026_3of8.mp3
http://rapidshare.com/files/158918316/FITP_081026_4of8.mp3
http://rapidshare.com/files/158918317/FITP_081026_5of8.mp3
http://rapidshare.com/files/158918318/FITP_081026_6of8.mp3
http://rapidshare.com/files/158918319/FITP_081026_7of8.mp3
http://rapidshare.com/files/158918321/FITP_081026_8of8.mp3

Here's the playlist:

1-Hallowe'en -Harold Arlen -The Music of Harold Arlen
-Harbinger
2-Heebie Jeebies -Boswell Sisters -The Boswell Sisters
Collection Vol. 1 -Nostalgia Arts
3-I Want to Ring Bells -Joe Venuti; Don Elton -Big
Bands of Venuti Vol. 2 -JSP
4-I Never Saw a Better Night -George Hall; Dolly
Dawn-Sonny Schuyler -and His Taft Hotel Orchestra
-Bluebird
5-Runnin' Wild -Red Nichols; Songcopators -On the Road
-Time-Life
6-Hallowe'en -Bing Crosby, Boris Karloff, Victor Moore
-Bing's Hollywood Guys and Dolls Vol. 2 -Parrot
7-The Man With the Weird Beard -Arthur Godfrey -It's
Hallowe'en Again! -Patmix
8-You Got Me Voodooed -Louis Armstrong -Complete Decca
Master Takes 1940-1949 -Definitive
----
9-It Must Be Swell to Be Laying Out Dead -Alex
Bartha's Hotel Traymore Orchestra -Alex Bartha-Roane's
Pennsylvanians -The Old Masters
10-Brother, Drop Dead! -Tex Williams -Vintage
Collections -Capitol
11-Ding Dong, the Witch Is Dead -Glenn Miller; Marian
Hutton -Complete Glenn Miller Volume 2, 1939 -Bluebird

12-I'd Rather Be Dead and Buried in My Grave -Bessie
Smith -Empty Bed Blues -Columbia
13-Lonesome Graveyard Blues -Art Tatum Trio; Big Joe
Turner -Art Tatum Masterpieces -MCA
14-Grandma's Turned Over Again -Curley Williams; Joe
Pope and Trio -Just a Pickin' and a Singin' -Bear
Family
15-Ghost in the Graveyard -Prairie Ramblers -Legendary
Songs of the Old West -Columbia Special Products
16-Mr. Ghost Goes to Town -Five Jones Boys -Five Jones
Boys -Tone Productions
17-Ghost of the Terrible Blues -Peerless Quartette
-78-Victor
----
18-Riders in the Sky -Spike Jones; I.W. Harper, Sir
Fredric Gas, The Sons of the Sons of the Backwoodsmen
-Spike Jones Complete Victor Sessions -Toast of New
York
19-Ghost of Yesterday -Billie Holiday -Quintessential
Billie Holiday Volume 8 -Columbia
20-The Walls Keep Talking -Gene Krupa; Anita O'Day,
Roy Eldridge -Gene Krupa 1941 Volume 2 -Classics
21-As Long As You Live, You'll Be Dead If You Die
-Tommy Dorsey; Edythe Wright -Complete Tommy Dorsey
Volume VII - 1938 -Bluebird
22-You Rascal, You! -Jack Teagarden; Fats Waller -A
Hundred Years from Today -Conifer/Happy Days
23-It's Murder! -Lil Hardin Armstrong -1936-1940
-Classics
24-I Love a Murder Mystery -Jerry Lewis -Capitol
Collectors' Series -Capitol
25-Who Killed 'er? -Hoagy Carmichael -In Person
1946-49 -Avid Entertainment
----
26-The Boogy Man Is Here -Tom Gerun -Hallowe'en Stomp
-Jass
27-Hush, Hush, Hush, Here Comes the Bogey Man -Henry
Hall -The Singing Detective -Connoisseur
28-The Boogie Man -Todd Rollins; Chick Bullock
-Hallowe'en Stomp -Jass
29-Bug-a-Boo -Red Nichols; Wingy Manone -Red Nichols
Complete Brunswick -Toast of New York
30-Boog-a-Boo -Jelly Roll Morton -Complete Volumes 3/4
-RCA (France)
31-Shoo Shoo Boogie Boo -Ruben River Reeves; Blanche
Calloway -Ruben River Reeves and His River Boys 1929
-Retrieval
32-All About the Monster -Boris Karloff -An Evening
With Boris Karloff and His Friends -Decca
33-Body By Fisher, Face By Frankenstein -Don
Brassfield Swing Sextette; Gordon Polk -78-Mastertone
----
34-Inner Sanctum: The Shadow of Death -Richard Widmark
-Old Time Radio's Greatest Shows -Radio Spirits
----
35-Quiet Please: The Thing on the Fourble Board
-Ernest Chappell -Escape/Quiet Please -Radiola
----
36-Skeleton Jangle -Original Dixieland Jazz Band -The
First Jazz Recordings 1917-1918 -Timeless
37-The Skeleton in the Closet -Louis Armstrong -Heart
Full of Rhythm -Decca Jazz/GRP
38-Tain't No Sin to Take Off Your Skin and Dance
Around in Your Bones -Fred Hall's Sugar Babies; Arthur
Fields -Fred Hall's Sugar Babies -The Old Masters
39-Boneyard Shuffle -Red Nichols; Wingy Manone
-Complete Red Nichols on Brunswick Volume One -Toast
of New York
40-Dry Bones -Fats Waller -The Last Years 1940-1943
-Bluebird
41-Peter, Peter, Pumpkin Eater -Martha Raye; David
Rose Orchestra -Here's Martha Raye -Sony Music
42-The Headless Horseman -Kay Star; Billy Butterfield;
Three Beaus and a Peep -Hallowe'en Stomp -Jass
43-With Her Head Tucked Underneath Her Arm -Cyril
Smith; Rudy Vallee's Connecticut Yankees -Hallowe'en
Stomp -Jass
44-Turn Your Head, Little Darlin' (I Can Still See
Your Face) -Red Ingle and the Natural Seven
-Tim-Tay-Shun -Bear Family
----
45-The Little Man Who Wasn't There -Mildred Bailey and
Her Orchestra (John Kirby) -Complete Columbia
Recordings of Mildred Bailey -Mosaic
46-Jerry the Junker -Clarence Williams -Clarence
Williams and His Orchestra Volume 2 -Timeless
47-The Ghost of Smokey Joe -Cab Calloway -Hallowe'en
Stomp -Jass
48-The Thing -Phil Harris -That's What I Like About
Phil Harris -Good Music Record Co.
49-The Green-Eyed Dragon -John Charles Thomas -Hear
Them Again! -Reader's Digest
50-My Old Flame -Spike Jones; Paul Judson, Paul Frees
-The Spike Jones Anthology -Rhino
51-Ol' Man Mose -Louis Armstrong -Highlights From His
Decca Years -GRP/Decca Jazz
52-Ol' Man Mose Ain't Dead -Nat King Cole Trio
-Hallowe'en Stomp -Jass
53-Spooktacular Finale -Spike Jones and the Band That
Plays for Fun -Spike Jones in Stereo -Collector's
Choice

I hope you'll enjoy it.

All the best--
Randy Skretvedt ("Randy Brian"--my nom de radio)