[78-L] The 5 most influential 78s ever

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Thu Oct 30 21:26:37 PDT 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: "simmonssomer" <simmonssomer at comcast.net>

I also suspect it was the introduction of electrical recording in 1925-26
that
resulted in all the "crooners"...who could finally be clearly heard on
record...
and in turn rendered suddenly obsolete the old "leather-lunged" style of
vocals on record...?!

Even Rudy was electrically recorded on most (if not all?) of his usually-
acoustic Harmony sides...!

...stevenc