[78-L] Bully for T.R.!

buster busterdog at mac.com
Mon Oct 27 12:58:30 PDT 2008

Essentially, TR's cousin Franklin adapted TR's republican splinter
party Progressive ("bull moose") platform, aka the Fair Deal, into the
New Deal.  The remaining faction of the Republican party evolved into
the conservative party many of us grew up with, while FDR rebuilt the
then-moribund Democratic party into the powerhouse of the mid to late
20th century. Thus, in one sense, TR was a Democrat!

Sent from my iPhone

-- Peter
pjfraser at mac.com