[78-L] Old Radio Programs

Bob Scherago tubabob at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 25 11:00:00 PDT 2008

For all the newbies, and for those of you who haven't visited the site lately:

In the 1960s and early 1970s WTIC Radio in Hartford, CT, featured two monthly programs; The Golden Age of Radio, and A One Night Stand with the Big Bands.

Each featured interviews with the stars of each genre, and examples of their work. We are fortunate to have been able to find all 84 Golden Age programs, plus two specials that predated them, along with a few that were recreated from interviews, totaling 91 hours of programs. We were also able to find 42 of the Big Band shows. There is other material as well, that you might enjoy.

Please check out this website - you'll be glad you did. There is no charge for looking and downloading, no registration required, and no cookies involved. I've done this to share the programs with people interested in old time radio and big bands.

Bob Scherago
Former WTIC Engineer (1963 - 1977) and webmaster
www.goldenage-wtic.org