[78-L] Pop Corfman's Graveliers

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Sat Oct 25 21:47:23 PDT 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Lennick" <dlennick at sympatico.ca>
> The Corfman Gravel Company was in or near Upper Sandusky (not necessarily
> at
> dusk). Only 2 links turn up so this company may no longer exist. But
> presumably
> they had a musical organization..marching band, dixieland combo, mime
> troupe,
> who knows?

Okeh..."gravel" is an incidental, albiet valuable, by-product of the geology
of
(1) the Ice Age, and (2) the evolution of the "Great Lakes"...! As the
larger
rocks displaced from northern Ontario were forcibly displaced by migrating
ice sheets and finally glaciers...the large pieces of stone dislodged by the
southward-moving ice was carried ever southward...and ground down from
"chunks of stone," to "rocks," to (eventually) "gravel!

Therefore, the "Niagara Escarpment" which also extended in a southern
direction, turned out to be (for complicated geological reasons...?!) an
excellent source of construction-grade "gravel!"

However, like virtually ALL natural resources, there exists only a
LIMITED (and NON-recreatable!!) quantity of it...!!

Humanity has to develop a much-better system of "rock processing"...?!
After all, once the Muslims take over, "death by stoning" will become a
standard process...and this, in turn, will necessitate a readily available
supply of "medium-sized" rocks...?!

We CAN'T have infidels going un-killed simply because all we have
in stock are "little bitty" rocks...which might Bruise, but are highly
unlikely to cause injury over & above thereof...?!

...stevenc