[78-L] Heifetz

Howard Friedman hsf318 at comcast.net
Thu Oct 23 07:06:12 PDT 2008

Someone wrote
None of my acoustic machines make electrical recordings sound acoustic, let
alone the Orthophonic Victrolas,  used in this clip.
I notice that the label doesn't mention "Orthophonic", even though it is a
'scroll' label.  It also shows Andre Benoist on the piano; in 1919, Samuel
Chotzinoff replaced him.  Benoist wasn't accompanying Heifetz in the
Orthophonic era, as far as I know.  So, this must be Heifetz's first
recording of Lutins from 1918.