[78-L] ^Have some Madeira, M'Dear was: Venuti!

Michael Shoshani mshoshani at sbcglobal.net
Wed Oct 22 21:26:24 PDT 2008

On Thu, 2008-10-23 at 00:00 -0400, Howard Friedman wrote:
> Michael,
>

> > Chacun à son goût!
>
> That's NOT what I wrote, but that's the way it came through.

Which is odd, because on the copy that echoed back to me it did appear
the way you wrote it. Maybe my email client (Evolution) mangles things
without telling me.

> As to your rhymed couplet, I fail to see the connection.

It's a verse fragment from a Flanders and Swann song; the line is
completed with "It's simply a case of chasun a son GOWT", to rhyme with
the rest of it.

MS