[78-L] Diiferent 78 titles

fnarf at comcast.net fnarf at comcast.net
Fri Oct 17 12:10:48 PDT 2008

I would think there are thousands of these.

A sample from Louis Armstrong's early discography:

King Oliver's "Dipper Mouth Blues" was issued on Gennett 3076 as "Sugarfoot Stomp"; "Zulu's Ball" was originally issued as "Zulus Ball"; "Working Man Blues" as "Workingman Blues", "See See Rider Blues" as "See See Blues". "No, Papa No" by Louis Armstrong and His Orchestra was originally issued on OKeh 8690 as just "No".

There are of course many other examples where the wrong label was applied to the disc, but I don't think that's what you're getting at.
--
Steve.

From: "David Weiner" <djwein at earthlink.net>