[78-L] Concert pitch (was: no subject)

DanK edisone1 at verizon.net
Wed Oct 15 15:06:35 PDT 2008

My Foster player piano has 2 notes inside - one is the manufacture date of
April 1917, and the other is that "This piano was tuned to A440 at the
factory" .  It had dropped considerably lower by the time I bought it, but
my uncle the piano-tuner brought it back to 440 without trouble (after I
laboriously twisted the dead bass strings, bringing them back to life)