[78-L] film request for a silent 78 side

John Wright vintage at jabw.demon.co.uk
Mon Oct 13 13:11:11 PDT 2008

In message Spats writes

>I spoke to Gill gave her a link to a CD of sound effects, including
>78 hiss, vintage radio humming etc.

Hello Earl, good to see you're still around (I haven't been around much
recently).

I thought the point was they didn't need/want any background sound from
a 78 - they wanted to film a gramophone and record dialogue and then dub
music later.

>I do also have a 78 here with a silent groove on the reverse side,
>which she could borrow (she's only a couple of miles from where I
>live), but then the record would have a white label...so you can
>never win.

Ah, hopefully that will satisfy her needs. They could always place a
flat scanned label on top for the film.

I'll ask her what music they have in mind or the scene and advise on the
label.

Regards,

John