[78-L] DD metal parts

joe@salerno.com jsalerno at earthlink.net
Mon Oct 13 10:36:45 PDT 2008

Thanks Chris, I'll listen to it in a few moments.

I do have some vinyl pressings made by Symposium and some vinyl tests
made from acoustic sources, so I have heard what they can sound like. I
was just hoping to hear a DD from a metal part, as the electric metal
parts I have heard are so impressive and give a clear idea of the
potential of an early electric recording minus the shelac surface noise.

It would be interesting to compare a metal part of an acoustic Victor,
for example, to the same of an acoustic DD to hear how the 2 processes
recorded sound pre-electricity. Even better to make a comparison of the
same tune, like a Rachmaninoff DD & the same selection recorded by
Victor. Pie in the sky.

joe salerno