[78-L] Who recorded I Miss My Swiss?

Harold Aherne leotolstoy_75 at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 12 18:13:10 PDT 2008

In Britain, "I Miss My Swiss" was also recorded by the following dance bands:

Wag Abbey on Pathé, c. October 1925
Bert & John Firman on Zonophone, 17 Nov. 1925 (issued as Carlton Hotel Dance Orch.)
Edison Bell Dance Orch. on Edison Bell, October 1925

Also the following Regal-Plaza recordings:

California Ramblers (voc. Arthur Fields), mx 6081, 2 Jul. 1925
Billy Jones & Ernest Hare, mx 6122, 7 Aug. 1925
Eddie Peabody (banjo with voc. by Arthur Fields), mx 6128, 10 Aug. 1925

My favourite rendition that I've heard so far is the Victor recording by Billy Jones & Ernest Hare (1 Jul. 1925). Those two worked wonderfully together, and now I'd rather like to hear their other versions of this song!

-Harold