[78-L] Mit-Out Sound

Randy Skretvedt forwardintothepast at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 12 10:36:10 PDT 2008

 dl, yes indeed, MOS stands for Mit-Out Sound,
 referring to the German directors prevalent in the
 film industry during the late silent-early talkie
 era.  I found this in several textbooks when I was a
film
 production student back in the '70s.  A scene shot
 with sound is SOF or Sound on Film.  Maybe they used
 MOS instead of "Silent" because they wanted another
 three-letter acronym to go with SOF, I dunno.

 Randy Skretvedt