[78-L] Silent 78

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Sun Oct 12 08:46:49 PDT 2008

As I mentioned earlier, I have a ten-inch disc with three minutes of blank
grooves (one side only) and a paste-over 20th Century Fox label, so such things
did exist for film use. Bear in mind that you'll need more than one such disc.
Aside from the obvious need to show different discs being played (duh!),
shellac discs will be broken by careless hands before the first take is shot.

Victor Home Recording blanks are a good suggestion since they're plastic (only
problem in close-up is that the look the same and look like discs recorded
pre-1932) and scanning some original labels to paste onto them would be easy.

dl