[78-L] Source for 10-inch LP inner sleeves

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Sun Oct 12 08:12:56 PDT 2008

Howard Friedman wrote:
> Dave,
>
> My apologies for any apparent offense.  None meant!  But I do have a question.  What does one DO with two to three hundred thousand recordings????

one wonders why the hell one has so many of the damn things, much of the time.

> It would take 166,667 hours to listen to them all at 5 minutes each, or something in the range of 20 years!  I have maybe 3,000 78s and some 3,000 LPs, all of which I have listened to over the past 35 or more years.

I used to listen to my records as I acquired them..a long time ago...the
background is that aside from actively collecting them since the early 60s,
I've also been a broadcaster and a producer of reissues on CD, so this has been
source material. Complete collections have fallen into my hands many times,
often for the cost of driving over to pick them up, which means that possibly
half of my stuff is duplicates or worse, but for professional use, I may need
six or seven copies of one title to find the best one or use parts of discs
that vary in quality.

Sometimes I actually listen to a record for pleasure, too!